Monday, January 20, 2014

A Boleslavian Birthday Blast

So this week we were studying humility.... interesting how when you study Christlike attributes they seem to just pop-up everywhere! It's as if I need to learn them or something... strange. This week was awesome and we are kinda not believing that we have been here 7 weeks already??! Craziness. But you know, time flies like an arrow...and fruit flies like a banana.

(Insert Courtney's note: What??? She's so odd, but I love her.)

Bet you weren't expecting that random pun, you're welcome. :)

Yesterday we felt like we should stop by a man who hasn't come to church in a while, we shared a scripture with him and he began crying... not gonna lie, kinda throws me off making grown-men shed tears. He quickly explained (in mostly polish seeing as that is where he is from) that he had just prayed for some help and then immediately we showed up and shared just the right verse. God truly loves His children, alls I gotta say. It feels amazing to be an answer to a prayer, it is humbling though because you realize you have to be striving to do that all the time and it makes you wonder how many opportunities you miss. The language is coming along, not quite fluent, but not fumbling for words anymore, so yippee! My birthday was awesome!!! We had a breakfast that morning in Jicin, we ended up missing the bus.... -_-. If there is anything I have learned, it is that buses are unforgiving (but God is, so that's good). We had all the food with us and we are hauling it up to the main station, and I make eye-contact with the driver, wave my arm in pure desperation and he just proceeds to pull-out anyways.... I may not have had a whole heck of alot of love in my heart at that moment.... But we caught the next one, and the members were sooo sweet and sang happy birthday to me and gave me flowers and chocolate. They are sooooooo amazing!! We then just had a normal missionary day with lessons and contacting but it was AWESOME nonetheless.:) I am so grateful to be here and have these amazing experiences and learn so deeply the importance of faith in a person's life. I am speaking in church this week, so pray for me! And thank you for the prayers that are already being sent on my behalf, I love you all!!!!

We had a ton of miracles this week, we have another investigator on baptismal date and our other one is rocking along and excited to be obeying the word of wisdom and change his life, he is basically teaching us the lessons. It is CRAZY. He is so prepared and fully gets the gospel. It is so amazing to be apart of. But Satan tries really hard about this time so keep "S" in your prayers and "F" too.

No comments:

Post a Comment