Monday, February 24, 2014

Week of Feb. 24, 2014

The painting job went well, it looks way better than before and we are getting a lot of compliments on it and the Senior missionary who is over all that stuff really liked it so we are happy that that is over.

I can't believe its almost nine months, weird! It is going by soooo fast! I am really enjoying understanding people better, and not having huge headaches after frying my brain decoding what everyone is saying. It is nice to see progress in that way though I know I still have a long ways to go. I am grateful that I have more time to devote to furthering the work and improving myself. They go hand in hand, when you invest yourself in helping others truly, you realize that is where you find yourself and receive the most joy. And the gospel brings that everlasting joy that keeps us buoyant. This weekend was really hard. Long story short. The baptism didn't happen.... and we're still figuring a lot of stuff out. Satan is a big fat loser.
 
Good always wins though, so yay! Faith is the most important thing ever. A favorite scripture of mine this week is Philippians 3:13-14
"This one thing I do, forgetting those things which are behind, and reaching forth unto those things which are before, I press forward the mark for the prize of the high calling of God in Christ Jesus." 
 
Reaching forth can be hard to do, but it is the only way to grasp the prize of our missionary efforts. I know that we are not alone in the work, that all of us are united in our pressing forward
 
Have the best week EVER!!!
Sestra Schoen

No comments:

Post a Comment