Monday, December 15, 2014

Frydek the Halls!

Well.... The week has come... 
This weekend we enjoyed the baptism and confirmation of "M" our investigator which was a great feeling to the final last couple of days. He is definitely prepared and I am very proud of his decision and all that is in-store for him. The gospel of Jesus Christ is truly the most pure form of a life-enhancer one can find. I was asked by one of our investigators what I have learned on my mission and I think to sum it up in a sentence it would be...the love of God.

I have come to understand more how our Heavenly Father works with us, His children. The gospel of Jesus Christ is His gift to us so we can have more happiness and joy every day without a price nor expiration date. This stuff lasts for eternity. His love encompasses our heartaches, our weaknesses, our struggles, all of it. But not just covers- improves. He encourages us to rise after we fall, to continue after we stumble, to seek for perfection and find joy in the process. But it is not an easy path. Our Savior, Jesus Christ, forged the path for us to follow then offers us continued guidance and counsel so that we can achieve our goal of eternal life with Him. Like an all-star athlete becomes a coach and then during the game continues to help navigate the players collectively and individually so they can win. Not for His own glory, but knowing the feeling of achievement from a well-deserved win is more glorious than being handed a trophy from a game you never played. I have been soooo blessed these past 19 months to have been apart of the Lord's Work. I know I have come to know my Savior like never before, His love for the people, the frustration when people deny that love and the immaculate joy of seeing someone accept His help and change their lives. I know I have changed. Not so much that I have lost who I am. I am still the same dork I was before but now I think I notice more what's going on around me and within me. I know my Heavenly Father loves me. I know that He loves all His children. I can't imagine my life without all the experiences I have had here and the people I have met that are forever-friends. I am a blessed sister. And while I know I don't deserve even half the blessings I have been allotted, I hope to share them with others so we can all partake of the joy. Thank you all for your encouragement, counsel and love. I am so grateful to know you all and am excited to talk with you in-person soon. 
 
After I bear-hug my family for at least a couple of days and can keep make-up on my eyes for longer than a minute. 
s Laskou,
SESTRA Schoen  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment