Monday, August 12, 2013

I'm Brno'in Up!

Yuu! (Czech way to say yay) Another week gone by! Just had to email President McConkie a long letter about this week, so I don't have too much time, but I will try to give a good run-down of the week. We had training here in Brno, so all my District buddies came here and I got to see them again.

We actually had Sister Jackson and her companion Sister Terry spend the night at our apartment. When she got off the bus we seriously ran at each other and embraced. It was epic, and movie-worthy. It was so wonderful to see everyone again, it felt like it had been forever, yet somehow no time at all. We had all grown a lot in the week and had our eyes really opened to the true missionary-life. Everyone had gotten a good heaping of humble-pie, lol. I know I have!

Speaking of food, I had the interesting experience of having my first meal at a member's house... Sister K, she is rather...mature, and when we had spoken to her on the phone she had agreed to dinner on Thursday. To make a long story short, her hearing aid had stopped working, so she thought we were coming another day, and when we arrived, she was not quite expecting us. We tried to leave, she couldn't hear us really and began making food. Kindest lady ever... she got out bread, butter, and salami (I think) and put, I kid you not, butter about an inch thick all the way down the bread stick, then topped it with the meat. She gave each of us three (3) six inch pieces. It's not like it was particularly strange ingredients, the amount of butter that I consumed though was... a lot. But we did it! The sense of pride only slightly overwhelmed the urge to hurl. She was so kind to do that for us.

I imagine this was the meal Carley ate


I looooove the ward here! All the people here, I have met so many kind people! There are some rotten tomatoes too here and again, but I have never had a problem with having a tough-skin so no bigs. Their loss. I love it here. Learning so much! Next week I'll give a better account, promise. I love Sister Woodworth, we are so excited (and exhausted!) but it really is a happilly hectic time that I wouldn't trade for anything. Thank you all for your support! I really appreciate it! Love you all! <3
I don't get dearelders but like once a month, so I much prefer emails! 
I love you family and am thinking about you always!
Before I forget, please make sure the bank knows that I am in Czech just in case. I don't want any problems with randomly withdrawing from here and it cancelling my account. Love you all dearly!

No comments:

Post a Comment