Tuesday, September 17, 2013

Weekly Czech In 9/16/13

Here's this week's e-mail from Sestra Carley Schoen.

Transfers are coming up next week...expect me to be sending a big letter of my experiences from this transfer. Sorry it is soo hard to capture the week in an email, I have no clue how to do it! Gah!

I love y'all and miss you so much. The work is hard, the language is hard, the people are hard... but hey, the gospel's true!! haha. We only get mail when we see people from Prague. I will be seeing them this weekend for District Conference. That should be fun. I love the people here and I am really growing a ton. That rhymed ha.
 
I hope everything goes well with Jenn's shower. Send my excitement and best wishes to her please :)
I can't believe Dallas is going in so soon...wow. 
 
Random thought: Talking to Courtney about Iron Man 3 and laughing about Tony Stark walking down the stairs all stiffly in that one scene and Courtney just nailed it on the head by comparing his walking in an armored suit to walking down stairs with ski boots on. haha. Saw an Iron Man poster and thought of that first, I cant remember anything else from that movie, I couldn't explain the story-line to my companion at all, that was all I could really remember. 
 
I have been having a harder time...Vladimir dropped us...won't respond to any calls or texts...we don't get it. Its really hard. But we have others we meet with. Felina is reading the Book of Mormon, but she is in Italy for another week and we cant get a hold of her at the moment. You really learn perseverance here. I am learning a ton, some are harder lessons. I am also sad that the transfer is almost over..I have loveeed Sister Woody, I am so worried about where I am going to be (I love Brno!!) and who I will be with...what if we don't get along?? blah. But I will trust that everything will be for my profit and learning. I finished the new testament this week, one of my favorite passages is in the last chapter of 1 Peter verses 6-10 if you could post that on my blog that would be great. I love you! I miss you! 
 
1 Peter 5:6-10

6 Humble yourselves therefore under the mighty hand of God, that he may exalt you in due time:
Casting all your care upon him; for he careth for you.
Be sober, be vigilant; because your adversary the devil, as a roaring lion, walketh about, seeking whom he may devour:
Whom resist steadfast in the faith, knowing that the same afflictions are accomplished in your brethren that are in the world.
10 But the God of all grace, who hath called us unto his eternal glory by Christ Jesus, after that ye have suffered a while, make you perfect, stablish, strengthen, settle you.

 
You are always in my prayers! <3
Sestra Schoen

No comments:

Post a Comment