Monday, June 30, 2014

But Ostrava-l, I love it here!

Howdy Ho!!!

So we had a very miraculous week. I have really seen how increased faith directly affects the increase in miracles. Funny how it says that in the scriptures. When someone cancelled a lesson (which is fairly often) we would continue contacting and find someone and teach them a lesson and set up to meet again.

the YW in our branch
Love our YW, grateful to have my dream calling as a YW leader!

In one particular case we approached a group of 5 friends hanging out at a park. They were all around 25ish. We walked up and began talking to them, they were all laughing, finding their weak attempts to mock our strange topic of conversation comical. We pressed on, undeterred and asked the leader of the pack a simple question, "How do you overcome problems?". He couldn't lie and say he didn't have any, and began to think about it more, which led them all gradually to really listen to us. We continued talking to them, they payed more and more attention, we taught them how to pray and each one of them was excited to pray, acknowledging that God exists and would answer them. And we set up to meet with them all again. It was awesome! 
 
Sometimes I replay situations like this from a bird's-eye point of view and am happy with myself that what could have pushed me away before my mission, feeling silly for approaching them and running out of musto to continue, fueled me even more to say what we had to say. I think of the words of Paul "For I am not ashamed of the gospel of Christ" and I also truly know that I can do "all things through Christ which strengtheneth  me". 
 
It has been raining here really bad yesterday and today. I am not the biggest fan of the rain FYI but the work goes on, and there is something gratifying about running through the rain to catch a tram. I kinda wanna scream at the top of my lungs "MISSIONARY WOOORRKK!!!" Feeling all hard-core like but I refrain...most of the time ^_^ It's awesome. So yesterday we were everywhere in Ostrava visiting people, at the end of the day we had the choice whether to go home for dinner or continue... so we continued on. 
 
As we are walking through the rain (we didnt bring our umbrellas because we didnt see a cloud in the sky that morning) a car pulls over to us. (Bird's eye view moment- usually I would be a little scared by such a situation but I didn't feel any danger) the man asked us if we were from another denomination who also work in two's preaching. We replied no and said who we were then he was stunned that we were not from the CZ so he parks and gets out to talk to us more. He had seen us at the other end of town and was so confused why people our age would be spending our time doing such a thing instead of 1000's of other things we could be doing. We told him why:) Ended up teaching him a lesson. All goes to show what diligence can do. 
 
I know the Lord is behind us, who can be against us? Grateful for all the lessons I am learning here. I love you all and so sorry I don't have a ton of time to email you all back. Scraping for time always on this here computer. You are the bestest family ever!!! <3
 
 s Laskou,
Sestra Schoen

No comments:

Post a Comment