Monday, June 16, 2014

Ostravan' about this awesome city!

Hey family, This is a special email to you all because I don't have too much time sorry, and I think I forgot my brain on the tram, so sorry in advance for the randomness of this email. Firstly, I'm a huge idiot. Dadio, I cannot believe I spaced last emailing and didn't wish you a happy father's day. You are the best dad in the WORLD. Everyday I am more and more grateful for you and your devotion and support to our family. Spiritually, emotionally, financially (which by the way I had to buy some new shoes, my other ones were beat... it seems my wardrobe is finally getting the wear and tear of a year out so I may do a little more shopping today too but not a lot and I promise that is all!) I am so glad girls camp went well without a hitch and that yall enjoyed yourselves (with some diet coke too!!!! woo! and glad no cars were damaged in the process;) i know that sonic well). I miss the Texas heat, though that is easy to say in cooler climate. Dal, that has gotta be tough sweatin' in the dress pants, you'll get a nice farmers tan though. That's what you get for reapin' and sewin' in the field for so long right? budump-ch!!! Speaking of drums, cool opportunity going to Uncle Walter's concert!
on the left is a recent convert, middle is Sestra Senkane of Latvia, and on the right is a very tired looking me.

So excited for Courts and Cams cruise and this Book of Mormon tour, I will want to see these pics please! How cool is that?? And speaking of unbelievable, wow Auntie Barbara! I will keep them in my prayers. That is tough stuff.

I am soooo excited about this cabin (insert Courtney's note: my parents are thinking about building a cabin at the family's property in Oklahoma)! Woah! And the reunion, neato. Sounds like a ton is happening over there.

I am doing well, hard to be away from MB, I know that city like the back of my hand, then coming here...humbling. But I love Sister Senkane she is so neat and a we get-along wonderfully. This week we have already seen so many miracles, we have gotten 22 numbers from people and a promising new investigator so we are excited. We plan on really working hard and dedicating ourselves 100% to the Lord. It is just taking me a bit to get into my skin here, but already I know it will come in time and effort.

some Ostrava architecture for ya. more to come!


This week some big-shot from the church is coming through the Czech Republic so we have training in Prague on Wednesday. All of us will be on our best behavior. I think his name is Elder Texiera or something, I am sure he is a spiritual giant but I am not so excited since it takes us all day by train to get to Prague and back. Cam, you noticed that- it takes almost 4 hours to get to Prague. So much traveling and there is so much to get done here, but I am sure I will love it. I am loving the work here and getting my feet under me but I have a good feeling about Ostrava (and Mom, don't worry we are safe I think they just call it the Czech Detroit because of the grim atmosphere of the city and they don't actually know what Detroit is like), Cassidia, glad you get along with those girls and won the dance competition, you are amazing!, Young Womens is so awesome.... :) I miss it...but not for long! Guess what? I got my dream calling in the branch here, we are over the Young Women Program!!! Woo! So we have 2 girls and our investigator sometimes comes. I am superdeedooper excited!!!!!  I am praying for yall always!!!!!!!!!!!

this is a panalok. They used to all be just gray but after communism they have gotten very colorful..

No comments:

Post a Comment