Friday, December 27, 2013

It's the Most Wonderful Time of the Year

I am so excited to talk to you family!!!! I am loving Mlada Boleslav and loving the people, feeling blessed everyday and I am amazed everyday that I am here, doing things I never would have imagined or dreamed myself doing, I feel like the bar for myself has been raised and my appreciation for my life and upbringing magnified, its a cool feeling to know that you can do ANYTHING with the Lord's help. Sure, there are still hard moments, but I can usually only remember the great ones.


One of the buildings in the Town Hall/ "Namesti"



I love it here and still miss y'all a TON but these times away from each other will only make the ones when we're together that much sweeter, plus, if  there is anything worth losing these holiday times with you, it is the work of the Lord, and when else will I have that privilege? It is crazy that I have been out 7 months jejda. (Czech "wow" btw)

I am not really counting down but still, it amazes me to think that the time has flown like that, I feel like I barely got here (but at the same time when I think of the progress Ive made it feels like a lifetime haha). Playing the flute went well, I wish I had like real music with good accompaniments like we have at home, ie anything by Sally DeFord etc or any of the hymn arrangements...if yall wanted or had time to, maybe compiling some of those of anything with a flute part and we have the Czech lyrics to put to it... that would be kinda sweet. We are just trying to do all we can to get people's attention so that they will open up and we can teach them. I would also like to keep up that talent, if not, better it! They have some really talented missionaries in our mission but they serve all over so out of our small district I am the most musically equipped one...I know, scary. haha but yes, you could send me maybe a few here and again as a document on the computer and I could print it out. Reactivation is going well and we had a less -active, part-member family come to church on Sunday so that was great :) We also have several progressing investigators!

I am so excited to talk to y'all allllll about everything on Wednesday (Christmas Day!)! I hope that everything syncs up well. bahh! The "V" family are awesome, they are an active family in Mlada Boleslav and are just adorable, if you didn't know it you would think they were from like any other ward. And they kind of speak English so maybe they will say hello to you too! I haven't heard them speak English (the members here do not like to talk to us in English which is funny because in Brno they would just automatically speak in English if they knew it) And a lot of the members in Jicin are actually translators for the church. This city is kind of a big deal because if we reactivate people, it will be big enough for a ward...and if we have a ward, then we can have a stake in the CZ! then we are one step closer to a temple!:D and that is the goal, when a temple is here, the whole country and all the Slovak nations will be blessed....so no pressure!

No comments:

Post a Comment