Tuesday, December 10, 2013

Mladadadadaa I'm BolesLavin' it

This has been quite the interesting week! We have already seen so many miracles, it's ridiculous! We have 5 new investigators! That would be a miracle in Brno, and it is DEFINITELY a miracle here! I already just adore the people here. It is a bit chilly but that's okay, walking keeps you warm and awake!!! It is a much smaller town than Brno which is cool, but very different. The Jicin branch is AWESOME! I already love all the members, while they may be small in numbers, the spirit is so strong and I feel right at home, I know I am meant to be here. So specifics on the area: Mlada Boleslav once was fairly booming when communism ended, this city and Jicin were growing a lot, then they tried to combine the congregations into one branch and because of some drama and other factors, they lost a lot of the members. There are some who decided they would rather go to Praha than to Jicin. So we are the first sisters to ever live here and our job is to reactivate everyone, and also build the branch...no pressure. We are inviting them all to the Christmas Party and serving them in any way we can. It is very much about relationships and trust here, I am coming to find out. We walk everywhere here! I love it, if I can't run then it's the next best thing. We have to travel a lot though to Jicin for district meetings and church so we have an hour on the bus with very windy roads, and I try to be productive with my time by reading or writing but I still get carsick, so that's no bueno. 

Her new apartment in Mlada Boleslav


I am so glad to hear about Devin's wedding, please send me some pics, please! I can't believe Cassidy is 15...that's weirdy. So glad she had a great birthday! And it'll be good to watch all those movies when I get back together! Glad they are good though :) I am actually really enjoying the snow...weirdly enough. I have always hated the cold but I think that is one of the blessings for me is that it doesn't really phase me here, no need to send those boots, Cass should enjoy them or just save them so I have good ones for when I return. 

Cassidy said she hadn't gotten her card in the mail yet, that is weird.... I sent y'all a card like a couple days after the first one :( I hope it didn't get lost. I am super excited for Christmas! It is going to be a very different Christmas for me, but amazing nonetheless. We are trying to find places we can do service here, soup-kitchens, the hospital, etc. where they will let us do service. 

I think I will be much more spiritually prepared this year, my relationship with my Savior has grown exponentially here. I see the difference it makes not only in my life, but in others' and that is the most precious gift. I love the holiday season, you are right mom, people's hearts do soften everywhere this time of year. We are going to Prague this week for a baptism of one of Sister Hicken's investigators, so I can check if I got mail then. Court, I did get your cd's (we don't have a cd player anymore :( ) but we are loving the hotpads! We definitely needed them! We have been baking cookies for the less-active members and when I say "we", I definitely mean Sister Hicken. I would just screw them up haa. But I do the presentation part of it,yay! my favorite part. Our talents combined will reactivate the world!!! mwahaha! :)  Its been awesome with Sister Hicken, she went to Utah State, fun-fact. I will have pictures next week!

Scripture of the week: Ether 12:4
 
 Wherefore, whoso believeth in God might with asurety bhope for a better world, yea, even a place at the right hand of God, which chope cometh of dfaith, maketh an eanchor to the souls of men, which would make them sure and steadfast, always abounding in fgood works, being led to gglorify God.

No comments:

Post a Comment